Friday, December 17, 2010

Eating Eggs in Bed...

So, here we are... Having a bad day.

I ran errands today, and dropped by Hancock's to pick up some clearance fun for a project (a Christmas Secret... shhhhh!) that I'm hoping to get nearly finished this afternoon. So I ran to the bank before I got there and was told that my deposit would be available, and after I had all my little tiny fabric pieces cut, I went to the check out. I wasn't buying a lot of fabric, and my total was small, but my card was declined. It was depressing, and embarassing, and I guess my funds weren't available. Called the bank, and it'll be MONDAY before I've got access... This is a fiscal low-point.

Last week while I was in the middle of quilt one (which is finished, but is also a Christmas Secret, so you'll meet Quilt one after December 25th) my sewing machine broke down. It just wouldn't stitch. Usually my BEAUTIFUL Viking Huskvarna Emerald 122 sews wonderfully, but it was stuck... I lost half an evening of quilting, and I had a mini-breakdown. Called Mom, and she saved my life and we made a plan so I could finish the quilt in time... Mom has been a huge help since November 1st when I left my last full-time acting contract.

So, I don't have a permanent full-time job right now. I'm scraping by, but it's really tough. I've been temping, but haven't gotten a pay check from them yet. I'm in a show that pays a stipend and It'll be enough for January's rent, and I know it's going to be okay. Money is coming in, all will be well... It's just a tough time to get a full time job. I'm applying, but there's not a lot out there... I'm not getting a lot of interviews, etc, etc, etc, bad economy, blah, blah, blah...

What I CANNOT do is let this drag me down. I got embarassed at Hancock's today. "Embarassed" is not a big deal, right? And I've got support, and I'm so so so blessed, and I have gifts. I KNOW that I'll be okay... It's just a part of my life right now, and a part of quilts too...

No comments:

Post a Comment