Monday, December 20, 2010

Quilt number two - Bordered Blocks. FINISHED!


I have published a photo album of quilt number two on facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=259565&id=677464009&l=4c7984a003

You don't have to be a member of facebook to look at the pictures.

Quilt number two is a Christmas gift for my brother. He wanted a Batman-themed quilt that was still grown up and sophisticated. I think I met that challenge. I also think I'll get into a rhythm with this posting thing once Christmas is over. I am ten days into the challenge, and I've finished two quilts, but I cannot post pictures or stories about the first, and I really really want to! December 26th expect this blog to EXPLODE!

On an unrelated topic, I found enough fabric lying around to start my mystery quilt blocks. The beginning of they mystery quilt is two quilts from now, and I have a feeling that I'll be very glad for how ahead I'm starting when I start working of the Mystery Quilt. My first quilt mystery of the year, but not my last is www.quiltville.com 's "Roll, Roll, Cotton Boll". Here's a link to part one:

http://quiltville.blogspot.com/p/roll-roll-cotton-boll.html

Take a look. It's wonderful fun!

So, where else are we on quilts? Week one's "Trip Around the World" is being set to be shipped for Christmas, as is week two's "Bordered Blocks". I have started work on week three's "Logo Applique", but had a disaster that will have to be related after Christmas... Oh, silly surprises...

So week four is "Square in a Circle", and it's going to hopefully be ready by Christmas as well... I expect to spend the next five days in an absolute cloud of batting, thread, and bits.

Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment