Monday, January 3, 2011

I'm drowning in a sea of PAPER!!

I've almost finished step three of the Mystery quilt... ALL I have to do is rip the PAPER off the back of the pieces. The fun part of these squares is that in order to make perfect squares out of imperfect pieces of fabric, you cut out 8.5" squares of paper. You stitch through the paper and the fabric and then cut out the squares at the end. Unfortunately, this last step is more time consuming than one might think. I have been ripping paper for the entire "Biggest Loser: Where Are They Now?" and there are strips of paper all over the place. The dog won't even come over and sit with me it's such paper chaos... ARGH!

I cannot wait to be done with this step!

This is my first experience with paper piecing and I love the precision. In fact, my mother has been talking to me (basically every time we chat lately) about THANGLES. THANGLES are a paper template where you sew and cut along the lines to make PERFECT half square triangles. Mom wouldn't let up on the THANGLES, so I'm going to give them a try. I need to make 600 Half Square Triangles in step five of this mystery, so I ordered the proper THANGLES, and I'll use them to finish that step. We'll see if I love them or despise them... Mom loves them, so I'm sure I will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment