Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Progress!

Quilt #5, Mystery Quilt, Step Thre is officially DONE!  I am offiicially done with my 8.5" scrap squares!  I had to make 60 of them for step three of the mystery quilt.  I think the squares look good, and I can't wait to get started on the next step.Since this quilt is taking a bit longer, I decided to get started on the next projects as well. 

Quilt #6, Charity Quilting!  I'm making a pillowcase for the Million Pillowcase Project.  Here's the link:  http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/millionpillowcases/
My pillowcase is going to be these fabrics.  I love the butterflies! 


Quilt #7, Rail Fence!  In addition, I picked up fabrics for my Rail Fence Wall Hanging.  I decided to draw color inspiration from one of my favorite paintings, and selected fabrics in the same palate.
 I think it'll turn out great, and there's room on my wall for the quilt between this painting and another in the same color category.  Fat Quarters were also on sale, so that sealed the deal!

Quilt #8, Embrodiery!  I also picked up some materials for hand work that I can do when I'm away from home.  I wanted to do a quilt that includes some embroidery so that I could still work on quilts while I'm at Stitch & Bitch or in my break time at work or rehearsal.  I found some pre-printed quilt squares, and I can work on the stitching all year and maybe have a few done.  I could make a throw or a wall hanging out of these depending on how many squares I get done before I get sick of it... :)


So, lots of progress, and lots to do!  I'm pretty excited about these projects, and can't wait to keep you all posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment