Saturday, January 8, 2011

Quilt #5 - Rail Fence Quilt

Here is the Rail Fence Quilt all done!  I decided to break up the marathon of the Mystery Quilt, and work on the Rail Fence pattern today.  I really like it!  It sort of looks like a basket-weave pattern, but also you can see the step-up pattern in the red part of the blocks.  This is such a simple quilt block, and so easy to construct.  It was a lot of fun to do.

The thing that I did with this quilt that I've never done before was to take one of my favorite paintings and using it as the color palatte inspiration for the quilt.  I really like this method, and will definitely use it in the future.  The painting in question is the one in the bottom right corner of the picture above.

As far as the mystery goes, I'm making progress on the 600 HST's, but it is tedious work, and I see no progress in it.  I know that I'm making progress, but it is such slow going that I'm discouraged.  I must power through, and will.  As Bonnie said, "It's not a race."

If you'd like to see more photos of the rail fence, here's a link:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=272319&id=677464009&l=be2937e412

1 comment: