Saturday, February 19, 2011

Quilt #10 - Reduce Reuse Recycle



This is a throw quilt that I stitched together out of six of my old pashminas.  I really thought the idea was stellar, but it just didn't pan out like I thought it would.

I thought that because of how warm these pashminas were to begin with that I wouldn't have to put batting in the middle.  I tried to quilt just the two layers together.  Now, if I hadn't started quilting it may have been okay, but I did.  So the bias stretch created problems, and trying to stitch two pannels together that are stretching in different directions created all kinds of weirdness.  I only quilted together one pannel, to be honest.  I might try to free motion the whole thing and make this baby into a success, but it was so cumbersome and weirdly slippery that I know it'll be a huge headache.  If I had left it like you see above it'd probably be a throw that I use.  As of right now, I'm using it as a crate cover for Oxford... You can't win them all, right? 

photo album: 

No comments:

Post a Comment