Saturday, October 22, 2011

Quilt #34 - A Musical Log Cabin








So... a few weeks ago while JoAnn's was having a sale, I bought a few fat quarter bundles, and one of them was this teal and brown mix.  I knew I could do a small log cabin, and when I was looking through my fabric stash I thought that the small amount of black and gold treble clef fabric would be just the thing for my neutral fabric.  I had no idea that it would be such a BUSY MESS! AHHH!  Despite the dizzying busy insanity.... I really like how it turned out.  It's almost impressionist.  And it's very dark.  Again, I backed this one in fleece without any batting.  This is my favorite new method for finishing a quilt.  It's fast, it sews beautifully, it's a little bit grippy so it's easy to quilt, and it's a very snuggly result.  This quilt is very small.  I'd say that it's a bit smaller than crib size.  It's a nice deocrative throw...

No comments:

Post a Comment