Sunday, October 9, 2011

Quilts 20 - 26: "Bonhoeffer's Cost" props.

So, I haven't posted in a while.  My work life has gotten a bit hectic, and things have been a bit crazy on the whole (like they usually are, I suppose).  Quilts have fallen by the way side...

The other part of it that's a bit awkward is... the next six quilts that I made were for a play set in World War II era.  I was comissioned to make six flag emblems for Provision Theatre Company's "Bonhoeffer's Cost". 

Here's a photo featuring one of my flags.  These are historic recreations, and when you look at it, you will see why I didn't post photos. 


This emblem in particualr had some challenges.  It took me a few days to complete, and it was my greatest fear at this point was that a pipe would burst in my apartment and managment would have to come in.  They would've seen nazi emblems all over the place, two giant swasticas, and a huge hitler face mounted on a giant white velvet circle laid out on my floor like an ugly evil throw rug.

Anyway, I'm back to quilting with some regularity, and though I'm dismally far behind, I think that I can still get back on track and get these 52 quilts done before December 22nd.  It's still possible!





No comments:

Post a Comment