Thursday, December 15, 2011

Quilt #46 & #47 - Chenille Scarves

I had never done chennille before, but when I saw this pattern in American Patchwork and Quilting I knew I had to try it.  The first time is was exposed to this technique it was on a Public Television program.  Two ladies were making VESTS and there were a lot of very restrictive rules about how to cut and make the chenille fit into the shape they were using.  It seemed daunting, but the AP&Q pattern was simpler, and a lot more straight-forward (probably becuase scarves are just rectangles).

The other fun part of the chenille is that I got to buy a new toy!  I purchased an Olfa Cutter specifically for Chenille.  It really did the trick, and I can think of a dozen other uses for it...  And I really loved the chenille technique and will probably do it again soon.  The Olfa Cutter made it so much easier than using scisors!









No comments:

Post a Comment