Friday, December 16, 2011

Quilt #48 - Miniatures Series Two

These little gems were custom orders from a long-time friend.  I love the way they turned out, and am so pleased that they got to be included in the 52 quilts project.

These tiny quilts are dime-sized, but don't let their small size fool you.  It is more complicated to put these little guys together than a lot of the large scale projects I've done.  Every other person I've seen do miniatures this small just lays the fabric in layers and glues it in place.  My minis are quilted and stitched like real quilts.  There are seams, there is batting (allbeit tissue-thin), and there are quilting stitches on top. 

I hope that the recipients of these mini quilts love to wear them as much as I loved to make them.




No comments:

Post a Comment