Sunday, February 12, 2012

52 More Quilts??!!

Hello Quilters!

I hope that this finds your 2012 quilt-filled and wonderful...  I must say that I thought that I'd take a big break from quilting at the beginning of the year, but that has not happened.

For Christmas I got an AccuQuilt Go Baby!, and it is WONDERFUL.  I made a Sunbonnet Sue quilt in ONE DAY.  It's amazing.


Now, I certainly don't use it for everything (I have a very efficient way to cut squares and strips, thank you very much), but I love using it for circles, hearts, and for Sunbonnet Sues.  There was also a little die cut of a puppy dog... so obviously that had to be the first quilt I made... (photos to come).

The other development in my world is that my wonderful Huskvarna Emerald may be on it's way out.  I love my machine, and it has gotten me through quite a few projects, but it has a bit of a problem that I'm not certain if it is worth it to fix.  I took it in for a tune up (which will get me through my next couple of projects), but the tech at the Huskvarna shop said that it needed to be sent in for service (which will cost over $100 just for the estimate and shipping).  I have a little sewing machine fund for my next machine, and I don't know if I want to dip into that savings to repair my machine or not.  So, depending on the size of my tax refund, I might be upgrading to this:



So exciting... But is it the right decision?  I love my Emerald, but I also don't want to spend my whole fund getting it repaired when I might be able to upgrade my machine now...

Hmmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment