Saturday, January 5, 2013

2013 - HERE WE GO!!!

Coming off the crushing defeat of not completing the Zumba Fitness Rush video game to 100% (only got to 93%), which was our 2012 Resolution, the sensible thing to do would be to select a resolution that is more easily achieved...

But what fun would that be?

I might be nuts, but my Resolution for 2013 is to run the Chicago Half Marathon on September 8th.  I am on my third day of training.  Already sore.  Can I look forward to feeling this way until September 10th?  Probably.  I have lost my mind.

The thing about this is... I've always wanted to be a runner.  I've done a few 5k races, and loved training for them and doing them... And the half marathon is on my bucket list.  Why not now?  Why not go for it?

I also have a secondary creativity resolution... I joined The Fat Quarter Shop's Jelly Roll of the Month Club.  For those of you who don't know:  A "Jelly Roll" is a roll of 42" by 2.5" precut strips of fabric.  Every month I'll get thsese strips in the mail.  I have no idea what the fabrics will be, but they will be coordinated.  I might love them, I might hate them, but each month, I have to make a quilt out of them.  I will have a total of 12 Jelly Roll Quilts by the end of the year.  Fun?  YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment