Sunday, January 20, 2013

Running Itinerary, 2013!

Here are the races that I am running this year (in anticipation of completing my goal of running a half marathon in 2013.)  I am registered for all of these races, and have made a firm commitment to run all of them.  I think these are all of them for the year (unless there's a really fun race that pops up!)

Wacky 5k! March 3rd, Sunday

Zombie Shuffle - 5k Run, May 18th, Saturday

SALUTE, INC. got freedom?10K Run - May 26th, Sunday

The Chicago Half Marathon - September 8th, 2013



Now, you might notice that the Zombie 5k and the Got Freedom? 10k are a week apart.  I hope this isn't a terrible idea.  I really want to run a 10k on my way to the half... but the zombie race looks FUN!  These will just be my "long runs" for these weeks, and I'll take extra recovery after the 10k.  And I have no pride wrapped up in the Zombie 5k.  If I need to walk, or not finish, or whatever, that's fine.  It's just a fun one!  :)

The only other races I would add would be something in July in Indiana.  We'll see... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment