Tuesday, April 23, 2013

WHAT ABOUT THE QUILTS??!!

At long last... Here is February's quilt!





I got this Batik jelly roll from the final clearance at Hancock Fabrics.  When I got to the checkout, it rang up as $.01!!  So, this quilt top cost me a penny.

I went with an easy rail fence pattern, and eventhough it's a little bit busy, I really like the texture.  It's a little bit brighter than it looks in the pics, but I like how it turned out.  Perfect size for a throw, or for a baby quilt.

Quilt three is in process.  I'm making it using the 1907 vintage treadle machine, so it'll take a little bit of extra time.  I'm doing a Prairie Braid for it, and am using a beautiful jelly roll from the jelly roll of the month club called "Field Notes".  Here's what it looks like so far:



Constructing this quilt is such a fun process.  And it's so relaxing.  I will literally turn off all the appliances, and pedal away and sew.  

I'm also doing leaders and enders with this quilt, and working my way through the scrappy HSTs that I've been using as leaders and enders for the last 6 mo or so.  I might just finish that stack before the end of this quilt!!

The leader and ender method is almost necessary for the vintage machine.  It makes certain that my needle stays threaded, which is very very helpful... it's not the easiest thing to thread that I've ever encountered... :)

So, that's the quilt update!  I know we'll get the 12 jelly roll quilts done this year, no problem.  Especially after the half marathon!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment