Thursday, May 30, 2013

Jelly Roll Quilts of 2013! Quilt #3

Hey everyone!

So, in addition to running the half marathon this year I'm also making 12 jelly roll quilts!

I haven't been as religious about completing my quilts, but I finished the third one yesterday!! Woo Hoo!!

This is by far my least favorite jelly roll that I have received from my Jelly Roll of the Month Club.  It's very kid-centric, and I don't know a lot of kids.  I do like the way the scrappy pattern turned out, though!!  I used a technique from a YouTube video.  Here it is:


Obviously, I did mine on a HUGE scale using 10 strips per square.  I like the results, and It was fast and easy to put together.  Here are my pics:

The main block of the quilt.

These were super easy to make, and a lot of fun.

The quilt center

With Borders!

I really like how this turned out.  I need to get a picture of the crazy backing!  I like to scrap together crazy scraps for backing quilts, and this one has some of the leftovers from the top, some space fabric, some ugly black with yellow polka dot, etc, etc, etc... I LOVE IT!

I have another Jelly Roll Quilt in the works, but I'm stitching it using my treadle sewing machine, which takes some extra time.  I've also got a back log of jelly rolls.  I might do another Jelly roll race with one of them.  I absolutely love the fabrics for the Jelly roll from the "Noteworthy" collection.  The Jelly Roll race might be the best option for highlighting those fabrics... We'll see... :)

This project is so fun!  I'm glad that I'm doing these quilts.  It sort of forces me to think outside of my normal inclinations.  I like the forced creativity of limits.

No comments:

Post a Comment